DescriptionAllied Vaughn is a professional service organization, supporting the Digital Asset Management and Media Archival needs of clients across a wide range of industries. Founded in 1959, Allied Vaughn has been a leader in physical and digital media preservation, distribution, and fulfillment. We have regional offices in Detroit, Chicago, and Minneapolis, with a virtual workforce located across the country, including New York, Los Angeles, Florida, and Colorado. Allied Vaughn is a leader in content management, employing the brightest professionals in the areas of archival and library services, project management, video editing, IT, digital content management, research and marketing, and taxonomy development. We are experiencing rapid growth and are seeking qualified candidates to help service our clients across the country.
For more information on our Content Management Services, please visit our website below:
The Corporate DAM Administrator position is located in Chicago, IL supporting their DAM team in digital processing, brand management, policy and procedural development, metadata and taxonomy enhancement, and change management. Our client recently launched a new DAM system and this position requires an understanding of transitional DAM initiatives. The initial phase of the project includes migrating assets from a recent brand merger into a new system by curating the content, standardizing the metadata and improving the workflows. Additionally, serving as a DAM administrator to manage internal and external users, access, fulfilment, and IT requests across departments and among various stakeholders.
We are in search of a qualified candidate with a background and/or experience in a variety of areas such as Media Archiving, Digital Asset Management, Library Information Science, Taxonomy Development, and Media Project Management.
- 3-5 years professional Archival/DAM experience preferred
- Degree in MLIS/Information Science, or related professional experience is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in organizing large collections of content with high level processing and curation skills
- Skills in developing and authoring policy and procedures based on industry, archival, and client based standards
- Ability to accelerate SME brand expertise and management
- Ability to champion and deliver training to global clients and internal stakeholders in access
- Experience in migrating assets from one DAM system into another
- Expertise with various physical media materials, marketing/design assets, and media/digital formats
- High level of expertise in metadata structures and taxonomy practices
- Ability to strategize and troubleshoot at the cross section of DAM, stakeholders and processes
- Experience in collaborating with colleagues and clients on complex projects across departments to actualize solutions
- Experience building relationships with upper management, creative agencies, and departmental entities
- Ability to recognize and align business divisional goals with physical/digital collection policies to preserve the most iconic and representative assets
- Ability to forecast and strategize process, project, and program improvements
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 14:10 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC