Head of Digital Research Services
Created: October 14, 2015
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill Chapel Hill0 other recent jobs
DescriptionThe Head of Digital Research Services provides vision and strategic leadership for digital research services at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Libraries. Reporting to the Director of Public Services, the Head of Digital Research Services leads a department of 3 librarians and 2 support staff, oversees the Research Hub in Davis Library, and helps develop coordinated services and programming across the other campus Hub locations.
ALA accredited Masters in Library or Information Science or an advanced degree in a relevant related field
Qualifications and Experience
- ALA accredited Masters in Library or Information Science or an advanced degree in a relevant related field.
- 5 years of experience working in an academic environment, preferably in a research library.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of current trends in digital research, digital information and new research technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and apply new technologies in research.
- Ability to foster communication and teamwork and effectively partner with stakeholders.
- Ability to manage complex, long-term projects and to prepare accurate and detailed budgets.
- Experience developing and assessing library services and programs.
- Facilities management experience.
- Fund-raising and donor relations skills.
- Public relations and marketing skills.
- Experience negotiating with vendors of equipment and services.
- Advanced degree in or demonstrated knowledge of digital research methodologies for relevant subjects
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC