Project Digitization & Metadata Specialist
Created: October 14, 2015
College of Charleston Charleston0 other recent jobs
DescriptionA bachelor’s degree and at least one year of experience in a library or archive is required. Prior experience working in a digital library environment and prior experience working with digital asset management systems is preferred. Candidates with an equivalent combination of experience and/or education are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Sensitivity to and experience handling archival materials
- Experience using digitization equipment
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of non-MARC metadata standards (Dublin Core, MODS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Familiarity with XML and stylesheet transformations
Must be physically capable of lifting and moving archival materials weighing up to 40lbs.
A student pursuing their MLIS or a recent MLIS graduate with an interest in African American history and digital libraries or archives would be ideal. Background in African American history, especially the Civil Rights Movement is a plus.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC