DescriptionEmerging Technologies and Systems Librarian
Bridgewater State University, Bridgewater, MA
Bridgewater State University seeks an innovative, creative, and service-oriented professional for the position of Emerging Technologies and Systems Librarian. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with others to identify, develop, deploy, and manage new and existing technologies (hardware, software, virtual and cloud-based) to support library services, teaching and learning, research and creative endeavors, and student success.
Administer and maintain the integrated library system (currently Voyager from Ex Libris), electronic resource access, and discovery platforms. Provide technical expertise, day-to-day administration, and broad support for traditional and emerging library hardware and software solutions and standards. Manage library systems and platforms and their performances, often in conjunction with the university's Information Technology division. Investigate and stay current with developments in library and educational technologies. Work collaboratively with others on systems-related, technology-related, and digitally-based services and projects. Serve as liaison to library systems vendors. Provide written reports, analyses, statistics, and documentation for the library systems. Actively engage in professional development activities.
- Master's degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA accredited program.
- Relevant experience in an academic, large public, or special library, or in a related field.
- Experience using a wide variety of platforms, applications, hardware, and programming languages.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of ability to successfully engage in professional activities and disciplinary scholarship to satisfy promotion and tenure requirements of the Massachusetts State College Association (MSCA) collective bargaining agreement.
- Second master's degree in a related discipline. (Second master's degree required for promotion beyond associate librarian rank.)
- Experience with Ex Libris ILS.
- Two years relevant experience in an academic or research library.
- Experience managing servers and understanding of networking, including cloud-based technology
Full description and to apply: https://jobs.bridgew.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=57299
Bridgewater State University, currently celebrating its 175th anniversary, has acted as a pioneer institute in the field of teacher education since its founding in 1840. With nearly 12,000 students and over 90 areas of study, both undergraduate and graduate, BSU is the third largest public university in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Strategic priorities for the university include fostering a rigorous and dynamic learning environment, establishing regional leadership in academics, and enhancing our diversity and global awareness. The 272-acre campus is home to 38 academic, administrative and residential buildings, as well as a newly opened satellite campus on Cape Cod. BSU is situated in the heart of Southeastern Massachusetts and provides a small town setting, yet is only a short commute away from popular destinations such as Boston, Cape Cod, and Providence, Rhode Island.
Published: Thursday, September 24, 2015 13:25 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC