DescriptionThe MIT Libraries seek an experienced and enthusiastic web and user experience professional to join the newly created TPIE department, working to deliver on the promise technology holds for the future of library services and spaces through project and portfolio management, user experience, IT governance, service design and development and space planning.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Web Product Manager & User Experience Specialist provides daily oversight of the Libraries web presence, and is responsible for creating, improving, and maintaining web sites, web pages, and user interfaces. They work closely with a team of product managers, web services and software development staff, content creators, and product and service vendors to create and maintain a portfolio of web sites and applications. They also lead usability testing activities using a variety of methods, analyze results, and collaborate with other library staff to create intuitive, integrated, and consistent user experiences across library services, collections, and online or physical spaces. Additional responsibilities include:
- Serving as a project lead for developing and improving web content and interface designs.
- Guiding development of user interfaces for discovery and fulfillment systems
- Advancing and advocating for use of User Experience techniques across the organization.
- Keeping abreast of new techniques and methods, and maintaining a working relationship with MIT IS&T, including the Usability & Accessibility Team and the Mobile Team.
- Uses evidence-based decision-making, including web analytics, usability studies, focus groups, surveys, interviews, and observation to inform current and future library systems and services, in alignment with the mission and priorities of MIT and the Libraries.
Published: Thursday, September 3, 2015 21:03 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC