Oregon State University — Corvallis
0 other recent jobs
Created: August 28, 2015
DescriptionOregon State University Libraries & Press (OSULP) seeks an Analyst Programmer (competency level III) to work with our motivated and collegial group of software developers in the Emerging Technologies & Services department.
- Engineer solutions for OSULP's projects using Ruby/Rails, PHP, Java, and related application development technologies
- Lead the development, maintenance, and automated deployment of multiple applications in a Unix environment working closely and collaboratively with OSULP software developers and external partners
- Manipulate large metadata sets and digital objects.
- Author schemas and technical specifications for applications
- Provide technical leadership for the department and for assigned projects
- Train student programmers and provide lead work
- Recommend and test emerging technologies and tools for possible implementation in OSULP projects
- Professional experience in software development environment, including application planning and architecture
- Demonstrated experience in Web-based application design using languages such as Ruby/Rails, Java, PHP, Python
- Ability to manage complex software development using version control systems like Git or SVN
- Experience developing unit and integration tests for applications
- Experience with Unix based environments, including automatic deployment of LAMP stack applications, troubleshooting, and familiarity with common command line operations
- Working knowledge of dependencies and affordances of UNIX, Apache and or similar environments
- Availability to travel for occasional meetings and conferences
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
- Experience with community open source development projects (esp. those relevant to digital library access and preservation systems e.g., Hydra, Fedora Commons, Project Blacklight)
- Experience with Solr, ElasticSearch or other open-source search servers
- Experience designing, developing and optimizing MySQL and Postgres databases
- Experience with XML, JSON and other related data formats
- Familiarity with SOAP and RESTful architectures
- Experience with metadata, linked data and or semantic web standards
- Familiarity with usability and user-experience development and testing
- Experience writing web and accessibility compliant CSS/HTML.
- Experience with Drupal Development.
Oregon State University is located in Corvallis, a great small college town with over 100 miles of biking trails, good local beer and coffee, and easy drives to the mountains, the coast, and Portland. OSU Libraries & Press staff are committed to core values of diversity, civility and sustainability.
Please see the full job posting for details. Candidates must apply through the Oregon State University Human Resource site for consideration. Posting number #: 0015794
OSU is an AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled.
How to apply
Published: Friday, August 28, 2015 16:51 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC