Senior Product Manager- Discovery
Created: August 27, 2015
DescriptionDiscover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
OCLC, a worldwide library services organization headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, is a leader in information technologies and innovative online services. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
The Senior Product Manager-Discovery is the product owner for WorldCat Discovery, WorldCat Local and First Search and has responsibility for product strategy, prioritizing product development, and tactical execution of the product roadmaps. The SPM also collaborates with the sales, marketing and implementation teams as needed to ensure business success and customer satisfaction for the products.
Interested in helping libraries provide exceptional discovery experiences to their end-users? OCLC is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. Take charge of our discovery products in use at thousands of libraries worldwide and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll out features and products that delight end-users and show the value of libraries the content they provide.
As product owner, you will be responsible for all aspects of product planning and development. This role also works collaboratively with the product marketing team in product release and promotional efforts.
• Be the strategy leader. Oversee market analysis and develop product strategy and business cases. Define strategic product goals based on market, member and user needs, and overall strategic goals.
• Represent the end-user. Be the champion of the end-user and our member libraries. Bring the voice of the customer into the product creation process.
• Provide leadership in OCLC’s cross-functional product workgroups. Work with product managers from other groups to understand needs from their portfolios and how to prioritize those needs against each other. Help resolve conflicts and drive consensus.
• Facilitate collaboration and communication and secure commitment between development team and product management and other divisional workgroups towards achievement of common goals.
• Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your product. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and product goals.
• Assist in the development of strategies for customer acquisition and retention; manage relationships with user groups and assist sales team in generation of marketing and awareness plans.
• Know the market. Understand how and when to commission market research in order to develop and maintain expertise in markets served, alternative services, new technology, and related standards. Make adjustments to product plan as new market facts are discovered.
• Support the sales team through training, assistance with significant sales calls and presentations, and clear communication of product positioning and key value propositions.
What you need to be successful:
• Strong understanding of the software Product Management Lifecycle model
• Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
• Proven ability to lead and take a stand using market facts and data to back up your position.
• Exceptional collaboration, communications and presentation skills.
• Previous experience developing and implementing company-wide go-to-market plans, working with all departments to execute.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• At least 3 years product management experience working directly with software developers on either enterprise or consumer web-based, software-as-a-service products
• Demonstrated ability with financial planning and financial forecasting
• Experience in managing staff or team leadership
• Experience leading cross functional workgroups
• An MLS degree or library or library industry experience
• Experience taking at least one product from conception to market launch
• Knowledge of mobile technologies
This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites (15%).
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/5xvddnmn8g
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC