Digital Media Archivist
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt — New York City
0 other recent jobs
Created: August 31, 2015
DescriptionChannel One, a Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMHC) company, is a digital content provider focused on encouraging young people to be informed, digital-savvy global citizens. The Company's primary offering, Channel One News, is a daily news program with supplementary educational resources, aligned to Common Core State Standards (CCSS), to help students, teachers and parents interpret the news of the day and spark important conversations. The Peabody and Telly award-winning Channel One News program is broadcast to approximately 5 million young people in upper elementary schools, middle schools and high schools across the country.
Channel One News is seeking a Media Coordinator and Archivist to develop and execute all digital media archival processes as well as ensure successful delivery of all video assets for multiple products with the Video Production, Editorial and AD Traffic teams. This is an analytic and support role for an extremely detail oriented individual with superb time management and organizational skills with the capacity and desire to succeed in high growth environment.
● Own all meta-tagging, development of archival structure and taxonomy, and documentation of archival protocols
● Oversee the organization and distribution of digital media assets for all cross-platform initiatives
● Own the Video Publishing platform and related account management
● Support Video Team with daily video publishing, asset management, maintain inventory, analytics and optimizations
● Develop close, professional relationships with Content Development Group's Video Solution Team
● Provide monthly account and bandwidth updates
● Be knowledgeable about wider business & products
● Develop internal reporting and present findings to the editorial and video team
● Troubleshoot technical issues and work with scrum team on video related stories
● Own the video publishing support queue
● Bachelor's degree in computer/library sciences or TV production
● 3-5 years' experience digital publishing or digital media archiving
● Candidate must be willing to stand by at night EDT Sunday - Thursday 10 AM - 6 PM Shift
● Proficient with Excel
● Familiarity with web video publishing services i.e. BrightCove, The Platform, Ooyala
● Familiarity with digital video production and various video codecs
• Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
• The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
How to apply
Published: Monday, August 31, 2015 01:07 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC