Purdue University – Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst
Created: August 21, 2015
Purdue University Libraries Purdue University0 other recent jobs
DescriptionPurdue University – Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst
Purdue University Libraries seeks an enthusiastic, creative, and innovative individual to join a collaborative, dynamic team of information professionals who carry out a robust program of integrated information literacy, data services, and scholarly communication. The Purdue Libraries provides a core service to the university campus in collecting, maintaining, distributing, and organizing geospatial information. The person in this position will work with the Libraries' GIS Specialist to fulfill this mission by engaging with faculty and students to meet their geospatial information needs.
The GIS Analyst will work with the Libraries’ GIS specialist to participate in geospatial data integration and visualization for different on-going projects on campus; Manage, upload, and maintain geospatial data generated by different research groups; Visualize and publish geospatial data; Explore options to generate online maps; Create metadata; Participate in OpenGeoportal project development as part of a CIC (Big Ten) cooperative project; Assist in GIS teaching module preparation; Contribute to outreach efforts, such as Purdue GIS Day; Manage the geospatial data collections, including system monitoring, making periodic backups, and troubleshooting problems when needed.
- Master's degree from an accredited GIS program or a discipline with a significant GIS component.
- One year of experience in the use of GIS software to store, manage, create, analyze, and display geospatial data.
- Experience in creating and managing geodatabases or willingness to learn how to create and manage geodatabases.
- Understanding of purpose and structure of metadata schemes.
- Experience with GIS programing and web GIS or willingness to learn.
- Good team work and project management skills.
- GIS certificate.
- Geodatabase development and geospatial metadata creation.
- Experience with ArcGIS suite of software, including ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE database and geospatial mobile applications.
- Development of online instructional materials and/or teaching experience.
For consideration submit resume and apply online for this staff position at: www.purdue.edu/careers (optional more direct link: http://purdue.taleo.net/careersection/wl/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1501721) and reference Job Number 1501721.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC
How to apply
Published: Friday, August 21, 2015 20:10 UTC