DescriptionThe Lee County Library System is looking to welcome an innovative library professional to their team to continue the dynamic development of the library's website, digital collections, services and systems. Someone who believes in the power of discovery and innovation. The Lee County Library System is dedicated to delivering exceptional digital content and services to our customers. This position is responsible for providing leadership, project management, web development, third party integration and technology support serving 14 locations throughout Lee County. This position reports to the Manager of Technology & Continuing Education.
The Digital Services Manager will provide vision and leadership in maintaining the library's e-branch and will provide virtual library services to our community. Responsible for creating, developing and managing projects related to the Lee County Library System's website and branch digital services. The person in this position works collaboratively with colleagues to develop and implement new technologies for the website and within library branches.
Examples of Essential Duties
- Develops, delivers, evaluates and improves digital services. Proactively seeks ways to better apply technology on the LCLS website and in our branches.
- Plans, generates and manages website content, coordinating efforts of other staff members in the content development, networking with other libraries, professionals and community groups for technology information, input and awareness of needs and trends.
- Develops and maintains effective lines of communication within the library, other county departments and vendors
- Provides leadership for the LCLS website initiatives and committees. Identify and troubleshoot problems with website applications and sites.
- Keeps pace with the changing needs and requirements of the library, identifying emerging needs for new web-based and digital library services.
- Provides technical support related digital services. Lead a group of library staff to provide technical support to the public in the use of LCLS website and digital.
Published: Friday, August 7, 2015 16:37 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC