DescriptionIndiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) University Library (UL) is seeking a Digital Library Technology Analyst, who will report to the UL Director of Technology. This is a new position and will be a member of a high performing digital technology team. The analyst will provide technology support for complex projects and assignments for a wide variety of library activities. Additionally, the position will explore emerging technologies, develop administrative as well as user interfaces and workflows for digital scholarship tools (including text, image, data, and multimedia repositories, journal publishing systems, and websites) through use of open source or vendor based applications. The position offers the opportunity to collaborate with a wide range of library units to develop the next generation of fully integrated and engaging online library experiences.
Key responsibilities of this position involve coding programs, performing program module testing, plus debugging and system integration and testing. The analyst will also provide technical direction in system and application development and maintenance. This includes recommendations for feasibility, design specifications, programming development, time and cost estimates, testing and implementation on new systems and modifications to any existing systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Science, Informatics, or related field. Combinations of related education and experience will be considered.
• Experience with any of the following: Lucene/Solr, Ruby on Rails, PHP, Python, MySQL, postgreSQL, shell scripting, HTML5, AJAX, jQuery, Fedora/Hydra, Dspace, Drupal, ContentDM, Open Journal System, or Islandora.
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with library technology team members and other library staff.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• System administration experience with UNIX/LINUX, Windows or Mac server operating systems.
• Knowledge of responsive design, agile development methodologies, version control applications such as Git/Hub.
• Experience developing in a library/information technology environment or preservation of digital assets.
• Demonstrated understanding of the open source community, including communication and how to work with and maintain installations of open source software.
IUPUI is a campus of Indiana University and the UL provides a tremendous work environment for a technology analyst.
Minimum salary is $52,000, with additional funding for professional development. Excellent benefits include 30 vacation days, 9 paid holidays, health/dental insurance options, and retirement contributions of 10% to either TIAA-CREF or Fidelity plans.
To apply, visit https://jobs.iu.edu/. Deadline for applications is August 31, 2015. The position will be available no later than October 15, 2015. With your application, please include a resume, contact information for three references (include name, title, telephone number, and e-mail address) and a letter discussing the strengths you will bring to the position.
As part of Indiana University, IUPUI University Library is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, hiring, promoting, educating, and providing services to persons based upon their individual qualifications. Our policy at IUPUI prohibits discrimination against anyone for reasons of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, or veteran’s status.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC