DescriptionWITNESS is seeking a highly creative and talented Digital Designer/Developer to help drive innovation and technology solutions/infrastructure for our key platforms and channels, and support front line program staff in conveying WITNESS brand identity and mission objectives across various digital media platforms. These platforms include but are not limited to various web forums and presentation outlets. The Digital Designer/Developer is a key member of a WITNESS team focused on building and reaching regional and global audiences with WITNESS training materials, messaging and general resources. The Digital Designer/Developer will work collaboratively to create and produce cross-platform content and spaces that best enable activists around the world to access WITNESS’ training materials via the Web and mobile devices.
The ideal candidate will have an elegant and modern design sense, be able to repurpose materials in fluid ways across multiple media, and be fluent in the use of web and other technologies to convey information in a way that is user-friendly, interactive and accessible.
- Maintain design and brand consistency across WITNESS Web properties and social spaces;
- Build out new sites and new site sections as needed;
- Ensure WITNESS training materials are optimized for Web and Mobile delivery;
- Create – or work with Regional Coordinators to create – derivatives of WITNESS Core Materials for mobile, Web and other digital delivery;
- Design and develop graphics packages for programmatic or institutional use across social channels and Web sites;
- Integrate with identified social networks when and where needed.
- Maintain security and functionality of sites and platforms
- Contribute to development and maintenance of WITNESS intranet and/or collaborative work platforms
- Report on metrics and analytics relevant to online properties and engagement, across program strands and institutional uses
The ideal candidate will have:
- Five years designing and developing WordPress sites;
- Clear understanding of running and maintaining WordPress Multi-site installations;
- Experience creating WordPress plugins (preferred), or clear understanding of choosing inter-operable plugins to perform extended tasks;
- Working expertise with primary Adobe Creative Cloud applications including InDesign;
- Ability to guide, lead and manage external software developers when and where needed;
- Proficiency in using PowerPoint or other presentation software to convey information in a clear and engaging manner.
- Strong UI/UX background and experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; oral and written fluency in English.
- Additional language proficiencies; French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Arabic preferred.
- Background in or strong knowledge of human rights advocacy; demonstrated commitment to social justice and WITNESS values and mission.
- Associate Director Communications and Engagement
- Engagement Team
- Program Staff
START DATE: As soon as possible
LOCATION: Brooklyn, New York
SALARY: Commensurate with experience, with an excellent benefits package including full medical, dental, vision and 401K plan, and generous vacation package
Published: Monday, July 27, 2015 15:49 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC