DescriptionThe MLA is seeking a Senior Web Developer to provide leadership, creative problem solving, and technical expertise across our roster of Web-based publications and applications.
Skills & Requirements
- Passionate about open-source software. We maintain several open-source software products, including the WordPress-based MLA Commons and Commons-in-a-Box. Committing back upstream is a priority.
- Excited to help shape an emerging technology stack. As we build our team, we’re making decisions about which new technologies are mature (and interesting) enough to adopt. You will help guide this process.
- Generous in sharing knowledge and experience with colleagues.
- Challenged by difficult problems. We have ambitious goals that require complex integrations. Laying out a vision is step 1, but you are adept at thinking through implementation details—comprehensively and over the long term.
- Uncomfortable with technical debt and untested code. Although every organization has technical debt, you are skilled at determining what needs to be tackled first to have the greatest impact.
- Comfortable working with others across the organization, including management. You’ll be leading technical conversations and shaping products alongside project managers and stakeholders.
- Focused on user experience. Most of our publications are public-facing, and the MLA’s reputation for excellence means that the bar is high.
- New application development, assisting with the choice of underlying technology
- PHP (Symfony) applications integrated with a CMS and pulling data from REST APIs
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, and Oracle databases
- Build automation, testing, and deployment infrastructure (AWS, Ansible, TravisCI, GitHub Web hooks).
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC