DescriptionMacEwan University Library invites applications for a full-time probationary Librarian\ appointment at the City Centre Campus. The successful applicant will be innovative and creative, providing leadership and direction in the development and implementation of leading edge user centered digital library services. Working collaboratively with the library technology team, other library colleagues, as well as campus departments and external partners, the successful candidate will participate in digital projects that further the Library’s mission to incorporate new and innovative technologies which enhance access to resources and services.
MacEwan Library currently deploys a number of access and empowerment tools in an integrated web presence, bringing together borrower information, electronic reserves, library guides, interactive help, interlibrary loan, unified discovery, link resolving and media streaming. Centralized authentication and proxy access to resources forms the core of these digital services. We support research and publication through an institutional repository, digital archives, and an open journal system.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead the development and implementation of library digital services in collaboration with stakeholders
- Develop business cases for library technology initiatives
- Develop project charters and implementation plans, and manage projects through their lifecycle
- Serve as team lead of the library technology unit, setting priorities and coordinating work flow
- Explore and assess new digital applications maintaining awareness of best practices related to information technology in libraries
- Provide ongoing conceptual development of the library website
- Lead an internal library web advisory stakeholder group
- Design, develop, and implement solutions that integrate existing library discovery tools with new technologies and approaches (such as open source software solutions, APIs) to create a seamless discovery experience
- Participate in library, university, and external committees
- Participate in the delivery of reference and instructional services
How to apply
Published: Thursday, July 23, 2015 13:56 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC