DescriptionThe Phoenix Suns Digital Archives Internship is an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the professional sports industry. The main goal is to help digitize over 40 years of Phoenix Suns history. Intern will work with the Phoenix Suns Digital Archivist and drive the updating, organizing and keywording of assets.
Candidates must be available to work 20 office hours per week. Interns will be compensated $9/hour and business casual attire is required. The internship is expected to last 3 months (approximately from August 2015-October 2015).
Primary (Essential) Duties
• Digitization of photos, slides, articles, box scores & other archive items
• Operating a scanner
• Organizing archives, both physical and digital
• Uploading images and scanned documents into our digital asset management (DAM) software
• Tagging photos
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
• Have knowledge of NBA and Phoenix Suns history (strongly preferred)
• Proficient in basic computer skills
• Be self-motivated
• Professional & personable demeanor
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required
• Must be enrolled as a junior/senior in college or in a MBA program
• Journalism, graphic design or multimedia major preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
• Traditional business hours with occasional weekends, evenings, some holidays and some overtime to meet business needs
• Ability to lift up to 50 pound boxes
• Candidates must be available to work 20 office hours per week. Interns will be compensated $9/hour and business casual attire is required. The internship is expected to last 3 months.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC