DescriptionThe Member Representative, Digital Technology Services is responsible for the development of new SaaS business sales and contract expansion, renewals and account management activities including: managing assigned market segment accounts, contributing to strategic planning, territory planning, and lead contracting, reporting, coordinating implementation and service delivery efforts. This role requires establishing consultative partnerships with state, academic and public library executives. The Member Representative, Digital Technology Services will report to the Director of Member Outreach and work in collaboration with Sales Support, Member Outreach Representatives, Finance, Contracts, Marketing and the Digital Technology Services Team.
This goal-oriented position is responsible for identifying and developing relationships with LYRASIS’ members and SaaS customers, deepening and expanding existing program participation and increasing revenue. Working closely with LYRASIS’ organizational teams, this position develops and executes LYRASIS’ membership, outreach and consultative SaaS sales programs and activities. This includes, but is not limited to, collecting membership needs and feedback; developing targeted outreach plans; building effective relationships with state, academic, public libraries, consortia, museums and acrhives to facilitate cooperation and collaboration; and promoting LYRASIS’ products and services.
Utilizing effective consultative sales techniques, this individual identifies, develops and presents SaaS solutions that best meet members’ strategic needs. This highly visible position has responsibility for building and maintaining effective member relationships, exploring new SaaS opportunities within and outside the membership base, and developing programs with potential customers and current members, library consortia and networks, state libraries, museums and archiving institutions, professional associations and user groups.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Identify the skills, knowledge and abilities a person must possess in order to perform the job.
- Deep domain knowledge and understanding of strategic drivers, services and operations of state, academic and public libraries, archives and museums.
- Proficiency in account and territory management techniques and the consultative selling process.
- Strong marketing and sales experience.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen and strong understanding of business applications and processes.
- Must possess self-directed initiative, with excellent time management, organization, prioritization and multi-tasking.
- Proven project and program management skills.
- Solid knowledge of all MS Office applications, CRM systems, Internet, printers, and computer technology.
- 4-year LIS or Business degree or equivalent required.
- Experience in a Challenger Sales Methodology environment an advantage
- Experience with complex offerings and diverse membership needs
- PMI membership or equivalent preferred
- Technical proficiency in SaaS applications, preferably within the academic/state library industry
- MBA preferred
- Strong territory sales experience
- 3-5 years of proven track record selling SaaS or complex software solutions, Preferred SaaS sales experience selling SaaS solutions to academic, and/or state libraries, and/or museums/ archiving institutions.
Published: Friday, July 17, 2015 18:21 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC