DescriptionTechnology Systems Manager
Coos County Library Service District
City of North Bend
North Bend, Oregon
Closing Date: July 17, 2015
The Coos County Library Service District seeks an experienced Technology Systems Manager who is passionate about directing, administering, and the hands-on provision of technology services in public libraries. This position manages all public and staff technology systems of the Coos County Library Service district. These systems include the open-source Koha integrated library system shared by eight public libraries, and the partner libraries of the community college library and a public school library. Helps maintain the ILS in conjunction with Koha service provider Bywater.
Additional systems include servers, computers for staff and public access, wireless networks, plus related equipment and software applications in each district library. The central site equipment is at the North Bend Public Library; this position is based in the North Bend Public Library and paid for by the library district. Travel throughout Coos County is required on a regular basis to provide services to library district and partner libraries (mileage is reimbursed). The CCLSD’s IT department also includes a part-time technician.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical or computer related field.
• 3 - 5 years of work experience in the administration of servers, web applications and local & wide area network infrastructures. Experience maintaining computer hardware and software for staff at public service desks and available to the public in library computer labs.
• Strong working knowledge of information systems, the equipment of a multi-site network, Linux and Windows operating systems, SQL language, integrated library systems, e-mail systems, web/server administration; web application administration, web design; system security; and data, audio, and video communications systems.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience satisfying the above.
• Knowledge of information technology used in public libraries. Teamwork and excellent interpersonal communication skills are essential, for staff training and working with the CCLSD's Library Director's group.
Starting pay is $70,366. The position also enjoys medical, dental, and vision insurance, enrollment in the Oregon Public Employee Retirement System, and vacation benefits. This is an exempt full-time position; 40 hours per week and is required to be on-call after hours to respond to critical service and infrastructure emergencies.
About the Coos County Library Service District
There are eight public libraries in the Coos County Library Service District in Bandon, Coos Bay, Coquille, Lakeside, Myrtle Point, North Bend, Powers and Dora. The libraries in the district enjoy a shared Koha catalog and circulation system, courier delivery, online databases, outreach services, and much more. The public libraries have stable funding from the taxing district that is dedicated to the public libraries.
For more information, please visit us online:
• North Bend Public Library - http://www.northbendlibrary.org
• Coos County Libraries - http://cooslibraries.org
How to apply
Please read the job description carefully and submit the following:
• A completed City of North Bend Application for Employment;
• City of North Bend instruction letter;
• Current resume;
• Names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of three current references, including your most recent supervisor.
The complete application packet, together with the job description, is available from the following locations:
• Online at http://northbendoregon.us/employment-opportunity/
• North Bend City Hall, 835 California Street, North Bend, OR 97459.
• North Bend Public Library, 1800 Sherman Ave, North Bend, OR 97459.
• City Recorder Joann Thompson at 541-756-8529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents must be submitted in Microsoft Word, Open Document or PDF format. Signed, hard copy follow-up documents must be provided. Complete application packets are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday July 17, 2015 to: City Recorder Joann Thompson, PO Box B, 835 California Street, North Bend, OR 97459, email@example.com.
The City of North Bend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veterans Preference: Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications, will be given preference in accordance with ORS 408.225, ORS 408.230, and 408.235. Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may obtain preference by submitting as verification of eligibility, a copy of the Certificate or Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DDForm 214 or 215 or a letter from the US Dept. of Veteran's Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension, to your application. Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of their Veteran's disability preference letter from the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, unless the information is included in the DD form 214 or 215. For more information, you may also visit the Oregon BOLI website:
How to apply
Published: Saturday, July 11, 2015 00:18 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC