DescriptionThe Digital Initiatives Librarian works with the Executive Director of the Library to implement and maintain digital initiatives including: digital archives/repositories, digitization of analog records and digital curation. Coordinates with Head of Archives and Special Collections on digital preservation. As part of these initiatives, the DI Librarian is required to liaise with Library and IT staff, external vendors, and consortia. Core responsibilities will include identifying digitization projects, organizing teams to develp workflows, and liaising with stakeholders.
- ALA accredited master’s degree in library/information science.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current trends in digital curation theory, standards and technologies to enable access to digital records.
- Demonstrated experience with digital repository platforms (open source or commercial).
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and implement effective programs, complex projects, and service.
- Knowledge of metadata schemas (Dublin Core, METS, MODS, PREMIS, and TEI)
- Experience with original cataloging of both analog and digital objects. Including DACS and MARC cataloging standards.
- Excellent, interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of issues related to the ingest and preservation of electronic records
- Awareness of developments in the Digital Humanities
How to apply
Published: Thursday, July 2, 2015 21:02 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC