DescriptionCome join the ASU Libraries' Discovery Services Team!
The User Interface Designer Library assists in designing new and maintaining existing interfaces that are visually appealing and built from the users' perspectives by focusing on interface design, from concept to implementation, utilizing user research and usability studies; web analytics and accessibility; as a team member, works closely with web designers in managing the library websites and web-technologies.
- Works collaboratively with multidisciplinary design and development team to develop user-centric web/internet experiences from concept to implementation
- Identifies user populations, creates concept sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, and html prototypes to ensure optimal usability.
- Creates complete visual designs, web-ready graphics, and style guides to meet identified population needs/requirements.
- Conducts ongoing research into the development of new interface capabilities, enhancements, industry best practices, and user-centered design trends.
- Assists with user research/usability studies using a variety of techniques, including, but not limited to: formal/informal usability testing, online surveys, card sorting, interviews, observations, focus groups, participatory design to form user-centered insights for final deliverables.
- Conducts regular web analytics to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Leads web accessibility audits to ensure ongoing compliance with standards for web accessibility set by W3C and government policies (Section 508) in all areas of design and development.
- Working collaboratively with project team, assists scope, plan, and manage multiple projects simultaneously to ensure achievement of established deliverables and objectives.
- Creates and maintains project documentation.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, June 25, 2015 17:21 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC