DescriptionDo you want to make a difference? We have a unique opportunity for a Digital Asset Manager to be responsible for creating and implementing strategy to leverage digital assets, information and knowledge in support of NFPA mission.
- Develop and implement best practices for archiving print and electronic assets.
- Digitize archival materials and create descriptive metadata for online access and researcher use.
- Manage retention and disposition policy.
- Participate in asset building projects including contributions of materials of enduring value to digital repository for long term access.
- Conduct searches for information in response to reference requests and prepare comprehensive replies to requests.
- Additional library duties/responsibilities as needed.
- Graduate degree in library and information science from an ALA-accredited institution and/ or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with standard metadata formats (e.g., MARC, EAD, TEI, VRA Core, METS, MODS, PREMIS, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflow and prioritize multiple tasks, attention to detail, and complex problem-solving skills.
- High degree of comfort and interest in innovation, electronic records, and information technology.
- Ability to work individually and with a team to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with coworkers, superiors, and stakeholders.
- Specific experience with evaluating and implementing technical solutions or digital asset systems preferred.
- A commitment to strong customer service within and outside the library.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 12:21 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC