DescriptionJefferson County Public Library (JCPL) strives to be the essential destinations for all generations to connect, discover and create. We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities for all. Everyone is welcome at JCPL; we meet patrons where they are, give them our full attention and strive to exceed expectations. Our core values include: Innovation, Accountability and Excellence.
Do you Drupal?
Jefferson County Public Library is looking for someone who is as excited about leading the transformation of the digital experience in public libraries as we are. Our new Digital Experience (Web) Manager will be responsible for developing, managing and maintaining the internal and external websites of the Library and the Library Foundation. This Manager will be a leader in achieving the Library’s mission through strategy, policy and standards for the library digital portfolio and web presence.
- Experiments with new ways of efficiently providing consistent quality service in public libraries, particularly in the areas of web application development, content creation, coordination and curation, user interface design, systems integration, optimization techniques, web analytics, usability, and information architecture.
- Develops Web-based experiences with the Drupal content management system, ensuring close integration with JCPL’s integrated library system, discovery layer, events management software and other systems.
- Manages the digital experience team, which includes a full time developer, full time content coordinator, and full time digital experience librarian.
- Collaborates with internal and external content mangers, editors, designers, developers, and other JCPL staff to ensure digital experiences meet patron and staff needs and industry standards.
- Collaborates with library leadership to craft and align digital content and brand strategy.
- Uses established industry benchmarks to determine gaps in service provision, quality, and effectiveness of the JCPL digital experience.
- Develops metrics, performance measurement and goal setting for JCPL’s various digital experiences.
- Serves as a member of the Public Services Management Team to develop overall strategy, tactical objectives, and short and long-term planning for deployment of resources.
- Works in web application development 4-8 hours per month.
Published: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 12:31 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC