DescriptionPosting Number: 0603636
Job Title: LIBRARIAN - Web Services
Position Type: Faculty
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Department: LIB - ADM OFFICES
General Description: This is a professional, faculty position responsible for supporting the Ralph W. Steen Library's web presence. Responsible for coordinating the integration of the university library's electronic resources into various web-based technologies; contributing to the development and maintenance of the library's websites; assisting in maintaining and supporting the library's web servers; and selecting and installing web development applications. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. This is a security-sensitive position. Reports to the Manager of Library Web Services.
Essential Job Functions:
- 1. Coordinates the integration of library information and materials into websites; serves as point of contact and support for electronic resource deployment and problem resolution.
- 2. Coordinates and/or contributes to the development and maintenance of library websites, including designing, developing, and deploying templates in support of library websites; researching, recommending, utilizing, and evaluating content management solutions; and troubleshooting and resolving website errors.
- 3. Assists in identifying, evaluating, and procuring server and desktop applications used in support of websites.
- 4. Addresses inquiries submitted via web-based forms.
- 5. Maintains library web presence statistics and prepares departmental reports; assists with the interpretation of these reports upon request.
- 6. Manages link checking application(s) and submits broken link reports to library department heads for resolution.
- 7. Assists in overseeing user and group security implementation on the library's web servers.
- 8. Assists with the maintenance, operation, configuration, and support of the library's web servers.
- 9. Hires, trains, and supervises student assistants.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- 1. Serves as needed on library and university committees.
- 2. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 1. Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, university policies and procedures.
- 2. Knowledge of professional standards and regulations.
- 3. Knowledge of web design and construction, utilizing server- and client-side programming and scripting languages for assembling and maintaining websites.
- 4. Knowledge of security technology and security policies and procedures related to the area of responsibility.
- 5. Ability to learn office and university-specific software.
- 6. Ability to set priorities and complete assignments on time.
- 7. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- 8. Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with university faculty and staff, students, and the general public.
- 9. Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- 10. Ability to work successfully as a member of a team.
Contact Name(s): David Justus, Associate Director/Library Technology
Contact Phone/Extension: Phone: 936/468-1421
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Fax: 936/468-7610
Education: Master's degree in Library Science from an American Library Association-accredited institution is required.
Experience and Training: Two years of related experience is required. Experience utilizing web applications and designing and developing websites is required. Experience in Windows and/or Linux server administration is preferred.
Librarian rank is determined by level of experience, publications, membership affiliations, etc. Minimum requirements listed are those for the Librarian I level.
Work Hours: Monday - Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Posting Date: 05-19-2015
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please provide at least three professional references.
Specific Job Requirements/Duties for this Posting This is a 12-month, tenure-track position.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Web Services Librarian is responsible for coordinating the integration of Steen Library's electronic resources into the various web-based technologies; overseeing development and maintenance of the library's web sites); assisting with the management of the library's web servers; designing, developing and supporting library web sites; selecting and installing web development applications.
Apply at: https://careers.sfasu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=56135
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC