DescriptionThe Five Colleges of Ohio (a consortium comprised of The College of Wooster, Denison University, Kenyon College, Oberlin College, and Ohio Wesleyan University) seeks creative and enthusiastic applicants to work in collaboration with the Associate Director of Consortial Library Systems and members of the consortium to support, enhance, and extend the capabilities of the consortium’s library management system, discovery tools, and digital scholarship projects.
This is a part-time position with flexible hours. The Library Web Services Specialist’s office could be at Denison, Kenyon, Ohio Wesleyan, or Wooster, but occasional travel to each of the colleges will be required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement of users’ experiences with library systems and be able to contribute ideas and sustainable solutions to technical challenges inherent in the management and discovery of library data.
- Assisting with loading data for electronic resources (books, videos, journals) into the consortial library catalog.
- Developing customizations for user interfaces and library web services.
- Writing SQL queries to help develop reports in support of library staff’s information needs.
- Proposing and developing solutions to technical challenges presented by library applications and workflows.
- Troubleshooting issues with library applications as reported by library staff members.
- Contributing technical expertise to the collaborative evaluation of new and emerging library technologies.
- Ability to work at least 15 hours per week.
- Coursework in computer science, information science and technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL and database-driven web applications.
- Demonstrated experience working with APIs.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proactive, quick learner, with a strong sense of curiosity and enthusiasm for learning new technologies.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information science and technology, or related field.
- Experience with an integrated library system (ILS) and library bibliographic data.
- Knowledge of usability design and assessment.
- Experience with Python, Perl, or Ruby.
- Experience with web graphic design.
To apply visit: http://employment2.kenyon.edu/postings/2026
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC