DescriptionThe Corriher-Linn-Black Library at Catawba College seeks an innovative, service-oriented individual to manage the library's systems and provide leadership in library technology planning and implementation. The librarian in this position supports the enhancement of library services provided to students, faculty, and other patrons through the evaluation and implementation of library systems' user interfaces and various technologies. This position also provides digital and technical support for the library's archives and records management program.
The Systems and Technology Librarian works in partnership with library personnel, campus IT professionals and vendors to design, develop and maintain applications that support the delivery of library services and ensure reliable access to online information resources and digital collections.
This is a salaried, non-tenured faculty position that reports to the Library Director. Some evening and/or weekend work may be required.
- Manage the library's ILS (OCLC Worldshare Management Systems) and provide support and training for library staff
- Coordinate with campus IT department in managing library computers and printers
- Coordinate and support library staff in authoring web content
- Provide technology training to staff, students and faculty as needed
- Actively explore new technologies and make recommendations for their integration
- Provide leadership and responsibilities in the identification, assessment, and implementation of emerging technologies that further the library's mission and increase and enhance access to library resources and services
- Participate on internal and campus committees as required
- Act as liaison to academic departments
- As needed, teach classes as part of the library's information literacy program, and serve on the reference desk.
- Takes a lead role in providing access to electronic, print, and manuscript resources, with a specialization in the library's digital repository and user discovery systems
- Master's degree in Library and/or Information Studies from an ALA-accredited program
- Proficiency in web authoring, information presentation, organization and design, or demonstrated ability to learn such technologies
- Demonstrated experience in developing and/or implementing database-driven Web applications or demonstrated ability to learn such technologies
- Effective interpersonal, oral, written and online communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to work with diverse faculty, staff and students
Familiarity with open source applications
- Experience successfully managing a variety of library-related computer systems and applications such as WordPress, SubjectsPlus, etc.
- Familiarity with research design and implementation of library technology initiatives such as online learning resources, Web 2.0 applications, blogs and other innovative technology projects
- Evidence of interest and ability in applying innovative technologies to enhance library services
- Strong understanding of accessibility and usability issues
- Familiarity with graphic design principles
- Experience or coursework in archives, manuscripts, or records management.
How to apply
Published: Monday, June 15, 2015 10:16 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC