Created: June 11, 2015
Getty Research Institute Los Angeles0 other recent jobs
DescriptionThis is a 1 year, limited term position in the Getty Research Institute's Information Systems Department.
- The Getty Research Institute is seeking a web application developer to join its team. This position will contribute to multiple projects that support digital humanities research and digital library systems.
- Major Job Responsibilities:
- Under supervision of the Software Architect, contribute to the development of various software projects.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Learn new tools, protocols, and skills as needed.
- Create and update thorough documentation for software and configurations.
- Follow team processes (development methodology, testing, version control, etc.).
Bachelor's degree in a related field or a combination of education and relevant experience
2-5 years software development experience
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with front end web development tools (HTML5/CSS3, jQuery, Bootstrap, Sass)
- Experience with Linux based operating systems (RHEL & Ubuntu)
- Demonstrated experience with, or capacity to learn, Django and AngularJS for web application development.
- Experience working with version control (Git) and issue tracking (JIRA) systems.
- Ability to communicate well with stakeholders possessing various levels of technical knowledge.
- Ability to quickly learn and use new skills and tools.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC
How to apply
Published: Thursday, June 11, 2015 16:59 UTC