Programmer Analyst, 63987
Created: June 8, 2015
University of Missouri–Kansas City Kansas City0 other recent jobs
DescriptionThe Programmer/Analyst will be responsible for web application development, implementation and testing for all areas of the UMKC University Libraries web presence. This includes the library website and mobile applications, search systems, backend databases, web services and the integration of networked third-party library systems, to enable a seamless experience for end users. In support of the work practices of UMKC students and faculty members, the University Libraries must continuously introduce, develop and refine their online services. In addition, the Libraries are working to enhance support for online education.
- Conduct software project planning and tracking activities, gather requirements, design software (code and system architecture), write code, test components within a testing framework, create and manage documentation, respond to reported issues from library staff, maintain software, and manage versions in a code repository
- Implement web applications specified in part by the user interface designer using Drupal and a range of languages and platforms specified below. Build themes, templates, and tools to support separation of design and navigation from content editors and updates
- Provide a robust and highly usable mechanism for library staff to maintain and develop new website content
- Collaborate with the User Interface Designer to plan functionality, to estimate implementation resources, and to create prototypes and finished software ready for deployment
- Integrate third-party components into the library web presence
- Where possible, share code and contribute to open source projects supporting the library community
- Facilitate teamwork by communicating essential information, coordinating actions, obtaining expert input, reviewing open issues and action items and contributing information to team meetings and reports
- Update job knowledge by researching new web technologies, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Help with the setup of test environments and configure virtual environments
Application Deadline: July 14, 2015
Follow the link for more details.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC