DescriptionThis position supports asset ingestion & cataloging for the publishing unit of MSO and serves as back up for the Photo Rights & Archive Director. The Archivist QA's metadata for all in house studio photography. The Archivist is responsible for ingesting and cataloging assets properly according to established standards. The Archivist ensures all assets are captured in their correct form for lifecycle retention and maintains a stable archival workflow.
The Archivist role requires solid skills with imaging and layout applications. The Archivist plays a key role in ensuring accuracy of metadata tagging, technical integrity of media files, & correct display of thumbnails, enlargements and proxy files. The Archivist keeps the Director apprised of all technical problems, system performance issues & user complaints. This position requires an individual who is detail-oriented with superb time management & organizational skills.
- Responsible for performing ingestion processes including file preparation (images, layouts, video); metadata configuration for event uploads & asset cataloging
- Supports asset repository workflow with cataloging expertise, mastering metadata schema to be applied to assets
- Quality assurance for metadata accuracy & reliability and technical file integrity
- Identificaton & communication of problem issues and inefficiencies to improve service
- Update DRM with final publication information & keywords
- Maintain personal project status reports
- Maintain high volume of metadata cataloging & asset ingestion in coordination with Photography Rights & Archive Director
- Serve as backup to Photo Rights & Archive Director. Assist with approval of photo requests and photo rights questions
How to apply
Published: Thursday, June 11, 2015 16:49 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC