Community Services & UX Design Librarian
Created: June 11, 2015
Trenton Free Public Library Trenton0 other recent jobs
DescriptionThe Trenton Free Public Library is in search of a passionate, creative, type-A professional Librarian!!
The successful candidate will, with a great deal of autonomy, work directly for the Library Director. They will engage in all aspect of professional Librarianship within the organization. In addition, they will be responsible for the development and relevancy of the Library’s Community Services and Adult Programming. They will assist other Librarians in pulling together various divergent areas of the Library’s services to create a systematic approach to Outreach and Adult Programming. Most impactful, this Librarian will be responsible for working with the Innovation Catalyst Librarian to create a cohesive and expectional overall User Experience in ever aspect of Library services.
The Librarian must have strong leadership skills, passion, and an ability to implement 21st Century Librarianship and Library Services in all aspects of Library Service.
a thorough knowledge of:
- the principles, practices and techniques of modern library operation;
- current trends in the delivery of library services;
- library and social media technology;
- current Outreach and Programming trends and models;
- integration of technological solutions for everyday challenges;
- reference and research techniques;
- solid collection development experience;
- to maintain accurate records and statistics and complete reports;
- exercise initiative and independent judgment;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and all library staff;
- communicate ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience
The successful candidate must have a Master's degree in library science from an ALA-accredited library school and public library experience. Demonstrated knowledge of technology and social media is expected. Spanish skills are a plus. Veterans are encouraged to apply..
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC
How to apply
Published: Thursday, June 11, 2015 16:37 UTC