DescriptionAs a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
- Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Tests designed applications.
- Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
- Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
0-2 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
Operations IRAQI FREEDOM, NEW DAWN and ENDURING FREEDOM have resulted in the mass migration of millions of documents back to USCENTCOM, which takes over the responsibility of managing this record material at the end of a mission. Concomitantly, USCENTCOM will take over the responsibility of managing record material from future contingency events.
The contractor shall provide electronic records analysis and support to the Command in organizing and managing this massive digital collection for preservation purposes in order to meet our legal obligations under the Federal Records Act. Additionally, the contractor is responsible for assisting in the roll out TRIM 7.1 to the Directorates/SSOs both at HQCENTCOM and Command Forward Headquarters (CFH). The contractor will be responsible for working on setting up document queues based on each Directorates file plan so records can be mapped into TRIM as part of an automatic process. The contractor shall support the TRIM/SharePoint integration as part of a greater Knowledge Management program initiated by the Chief of Staff.
The contractor shall provide records management support of the OIF and OND War Records migration, including work on organizing records the Command receives from OIF/OND, purging redundant records, migrating final records into TRIM and adding required metadata to documents so records are properly tagged for quicker research and retrieval.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC