DescriptionRECORDS MANAGER 00280035117
Department: Anchorage - Records Management
Reports To: VP, Core Solutions and Records
Function Supervised: Records Management
Provide leadership and oversight of the Records department and corresponding functions. The Records Manager is responsible for leading and managing the records management program, daily functions, and the supervision of Records staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage department performance and ensure that staff is appropriately trained and equipped to perform duties.
- Ensure accuracy of retention and associated processes including but not limited to scanning and verification of daily work and member files, return mail processing, research requests, and subpoena processing.
- Complete scheduled destruction and maintain record destruction logs.
- Review and update the records retention policy in accordance with various laws and regulations that govern the storage of paper and electronic records.
- Track and report transfer of Credit Union official records to electronic format.
- Collaborate with department managers to accomplish records management objectives in their area(s).
- Manage relationships with vendors and key industry organizations to enhance the efficiency of the Records department.
- Ensure records retention goals and projects are achieved in a timely manner and are compliant with laws, policies and procedures.
- Assist in development, interpretation, and implementation of best practices for records retention.
- Collaborate with OnBase staff to implement the OnBase records management module.
- Participate in the development and achievement of the departmental budget and strategic planning goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent and bachelor’s degree in related field; Equivalent related experience may be substituted for degree.
All degrees must be from an institution accredited by one of the six regional accreditation boards (or appropriately credentialed):
- MSA - Middle States Association
- NASC - Northwest Association of Schools & Colleges
- NCA - North Central Association of Colleges & Schools
- NEASC - New England Association of Schools & Colleges
- SACS - Southern Association of Colleges & Schools
- WASC - Western Associates of Schools & Colleges
Three years management or supervisory experience. Two years of prior records management preferred. Certification in Records Management, Enterprise Content Management, Electronic Records Manager, or Certified Archivist preferred.
Office mobility required. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment. Corrected vision and hearing in normal range. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Must be able to physically lift up to 35 pounds. May require use of handcart or other device for the transportation of materials.
Complete any required training by assigned due date.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in use of standard office equipment and computer software programs including Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with records management software/OnBase preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and high level of attention to detail required
- Ability to take initiative to complete assigned tasks, and research and resolve problems
- Ability to maintain confidential information
Grade: Salary DOE
Published: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 17:25 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC