Fenway Libraries Online (FLO), www.flo.org, a library consortium of ten academic and special libraries in Boston and Cambridge, Massachusetts, seeks a Systems Librarian. This is a full-time position with benefits.
The candidate should have broad knowledge of library operations and software applications, strong computer and systems competence, and the ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. The candidate should be creative, energetic, and able to communicate effectively with all levels of library staff. A dedication to serving the needs of the libraries is a key value.
* Provide support for software applications, such as Voyager, SFX, CORAL, Drupal, SHAREit (Commonwealth Catalog) and others
* Initiate and guide projects through to completion
* Evaluate, plan and implement new systems and services
* Perform system functions such as install software, modify configuration files, backup data, etc.
* Serve as liaison between library staff and vendor support staff (e.g., Ex Libris Customer Support)
* Provide staff support and direction for FLO committees
* For complete list of responsibilities, see job description (available upon request).
* Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school required
* 2-3 years library experience required, preferably in an academic setting
* Knowledge of an integrated library system required (Ex Libris Voyager preferred)
* Experience with library software applications required (e.g., link resolvers, federated search engines, etc.)
* Knowledge of a command-line operating system required (e.g., Unix, Linux)
* Knowledge of a programming language preferred (e.g., Perl, PHP)
* Knowledge of open source software preferred
* Experience with training and documentation desirable
* Ability to participate in collaborative problem solving required
* Excellent written and oral communication skills required
Compensation: competitive salary plus attractive benefits package
Start Date: June or July, 2015. Application review will begin in May, 2015.
Send email including resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to:
Fenway Libraries Online
A complete job description is available upon request.
Fenway Libraries Online encourages the application of all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or veteran status.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC