DescriptionLehigh University is a premier residential research university offering majors and programs in four colleges: The College of Education, The College of Arts and Sciences, The College of Business and Economics, and The P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science. More than 4,700 undergraduate and 2,000 graduate students attend Lehigh. Located in Pennsylvania's scenic Lehigh Valley, the campus is situated on 1,600 acres in close proximity to both New York City and Philadelphia.
Entrepreneurial and user-focused, the Business/Data Librarian will develop strong relationships with Lehigh faculty and students to further their research, teaching, and learning.
Responsibilities: Develop, evaluate and manage business and economics electronic resources, database services and data resources for curricular and research needs; serve as database expert. Provide data and statistical support to faculty and students, primarily in the College of Business and Economics (CBE) and assist social science researchers with data management plans required by grants. Provide instructional programs and research assistance. Support scholarly publishing/archiving of scholarly work. Lead library metrics efforts.
- Periods of high volume/workload may be required to meet research deadlines.
- Occasional evening, holiday or weekend hoursOccasional travel is required to attend seminars as needed
- MS in Library/Information Science or related discipline; subject background in the social sciences.
- Knowledge of and experience with statistical software, preferably STATA.
- Experience with research datasets and data management preferred.
- Three to five years related work experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successful completion of background checks required.
Published: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 15:01 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC