DescriptionFairmont State University (FSU) is currently recruiting applicants for an Emerging Technologies Librarian, an Assistant Librarian appointment, as soon as possible. The individual selected for this twelve-month, library-track, non-tenure faculty position will report to the Coordinator of Reference & Instructional Services and will be responsible for the creation and implementation of innovative, digital course/curriculum-related instructional and informational delivery tools and programs; shared management, oversight and contribution to the library’s social networking, mobile, and electronic presence; shared general and specialized reference, bibliographic, and research assistance for on-site, distance and virtual library users; individual and group instruction of general and assignment-specific library information and research resources; shared responsibility, oversight, and contribution to the library’s outreach, marketing, and promotional campaigns; and active participation in library-related events and service to the University and campus communities. Applicants must have an ALA–Accredited Master’s degree in Library/Information Science and two-three years of professional experience in an academic library.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing service to both Fairmont State University and Pierpont Community & Technical College, this position is responsible for the following:
- Creation and implementation of innovative, digital course-/curriculum-related instructional and information delivery tools and programs to help students meet University pedagogical, information literacy and assessment standards.
- Shared management, oversight and contribution to the Library's social networking, mobile, and electronic presence: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Shared general and specialized reference, bibliographic, and research assistance for on-site, distance and virtual library users.
- Individual and group instruction of general and assignment-specific Library information and research resources to students, faculty, and staff.
- Shared responsibility, oversight, and contribution to the Library's outreach, marketing, and promotional campaigns.
- Active participation in Library-related events and service to the University and campus community.
- Evening and rotational weekend hours.
- Second master's degree in a technology or education-related discipline.
- Experience with web development, knowledge of issues and trends in teaching and assessment methodology and instructional design.
- Experience with current technologies, scripting languages and software programs such as HTML, XML, Drupal, Photoshop, MySQL, Flash, etc.
- Face-to-face classroom teaching in an academic environment.
- Familiarity with Blackboard or other online instructional course environments, like Moodle.
- Library public relations and marketing.
Special Conditions: Applicants must provide evidence and documentation of instructional experience and technology skills with a fifteen-minute presentation.
Published: Friday, April 24, 2015 20:12 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC