DescriptionOur client's Media Technology group is looking for an Archival Expert, someone who excels in media and code preservation. Essentially, they need someone who can package up code for storage that, say, in 25 years when that code is used again, it is in perfect shape. The client is located in Burbank, CA.
Someone with knowledge of or experience with Tier 4 archiving, or any mega librarian type vaulting as used by the Library of Congress is a great fit. Our client is dealing with Petabytes of information that will need archiving.
You will be stepping into an ongoing archival project that has already gone through the vendor selection process. Our client will be buying the two parts of this system from 2 different vendors. You will need to come in as an Installation Engineer and using your deployment experience and expertise you will work on builds and installs and you will qualify the installation.
Other particulars of this job include:
- Experience in Media Technology (MT), not just IT
- Experience in archiving/preservation/vaulting/library/LTA (Long Term Archive)
- Knowledge of object stores and file systems
- Fluent in multiple forms of digital storage (spinning disk, tape, optical)
- Experience with HSM systems / tiering
- Linux/unix and Mac experience a must
- Worked in a "big data shop": HPC, satellite imaging, M&E, biomed, other imaging
Published: Monday, August 27, 2012 04:19 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC