DescriptionDepartment: 060021 - O'Neill Library
Position: 00008133 - Special Collections Metadata Librarian
Grade or Band: 3RD
When legacy metadata is poised to launch into the world, do you feel driven to make sure it meets the standards you know and love? Do you delight in helping special collections reach a wide audience?
Boston College Libraries is seeking a Special Collections Metadata Librarian to coordinate special collections cataloging and quality control activity, with a focus on high-priority Jesuitica initiatives. This librarian will work closely with colleagues in Digital Collections, Metadata Creation & Management, and the Burns Library to ensure the success of special projects and support priorities for digitization and metadata remediation efforts. In addition to providing accurate metadata for special collections materials in multiple systems, the Librarian coordinates and monitors the work of one assistant, providing training, documentation, and problem resolution.
* Three years of professional cataloging experience in an academic library environment, including work with special collections materials.
* Substantive experience with RDA, AACR2, LCSH, LC classification, and USMARC formats; familiarity with DCRM(B).
* Experience performing original cataloging of materials in Latin and Romance languages.
* Experience in training, developing, and supervising staff in a production-oriented environment.
* Significant database maintenance experience.
* Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
* B.A. in the Humanities
* MLS from an ALA-accredited program
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 15:44 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC