Digital Library Technology Services creates digital collections, supports new forms of scholarly communication, builds flexible repository infrastructure for long-term preservation, and develops new tools and methods for managing a fast-growing body of digital content. A joint effort of the NYU Libraries and NYU IT, they work closely with faculty, the library collections, NYU Press, and external partners on a wide variety of projects.
New York University Press was founded in 1916. Since its founding, the Press has successfully reflected the intellectual vitality of New York University. With a staff of 26, the Press publishes 110 new books and 24 paperback reissues a year in the humanities and social sciences.
- Upgrade existing Open Access books site to latest version of Readium, an open-source ePub reading software
- Enable functionality in all major browsers (currently only supports Chrome and Safari)
- Add schema.org-compliant markup to book information pages
- Build enhanced search functionality
- Enable sharing of book information on social media
- Add “cite this” functionality to book information pages
- Proficiency in Solr
- Proficiency with version control systems such as Git
- Experience working in an academic library
- Familiarity with Readium and ePub
How to Apply:
Please submit the following information:
- a list of past clients with a brief description of the work performed and URLs
- a list of 3 professional references from recent work engagements
- a code sample
- a resume with a compensation history and compensation requirements
Email all of the above to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Web developer application” for consideration.
NYU’s Division of Libraries embraces diversity and is committed to attracting qualified individuals who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. NYU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC