Information Technology Specialist
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio — San Antonio
0 other recent jobs
Created: March 30, 2015
DescriptionThe UT Health Science Center San Antonio seeks a creative, collaborative, and customer experience minded individual to join the Library Systems team. Library Systems is a shared services support group that provides executive level technology support to the Dolph Briscoe Jr. Library staff and patrons as well as the Univerisity's Office for Academic, Faculty, and Student Affairs.
Job Description: To provide customer service, support, and development for library staff and patrons. To build, expand, and develop web applications that leverage existing library resources to create new tools for patrons to utilize.
- Provides web development and support for library websites.
- Troubleshoots software and hardware problems on library staff computers. Additionally, provides backup desktop support for Academic, Faculty, and Student Affairs departments
- Provides customer/tech support for patrons of the library.
- Provides support and routine maintenance of VDI deployment for library clients.
- Additional or special duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications: Working knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems, the Mac
operating system, Microsoft Office products, Adobe products, SCCM, Deep Freeze, and VMware. Have familiarity with Ethernet and wireless campus network infrastructure. Working knowledge of web development languages PHP (or similar), creative problem-solving skills, ability to work in team-centered environment, ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects, and have excellent written and oral communication skills. Preferred: experience with administration of MySQL, Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS), and Apache webserver.
Full Job Description and Application: http://www.uthscsajobs.com/postings/1871
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC