DescriptionThe Natural Hazards Center is seeking a technical librarian with solid cataloguing skills and the ability to develop and maintain a complex information architecture. The successful candidate will drive the migration of records to a DSpace cataloging system, develop and maintain library, customer, and Web site information systems, and create coded data management interfaces.
- Creating original MARC records using Anglo-American Cataloging Rules Second Edition (AACR2) for descriptions, Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH) for subject analysis, and local lexicon and classification systems. Editing MARC records using local standards
- Developing and updating protocols and standards for bibliographic entry
- Instructing and supervising student assistants in related technical work
- Investigating and researching relational technology for circulating library resources
- Assisting with maintenance and API integration of out-of-the-box CRM tools
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC