Web Librarian, Texas Tech University Libraries, Lubbock, TX
Texas Tech University Libraries — Lubbock, TX
0 other recent jobs
Created: March 25, 2015
TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
TITLE: Assistant Librarian - Web Librarian
The Web Librarian is responsible for the ongoing design, development, and evaluation of the Texas Tech University Libraries web presence. This tenure-track position works closely with library staff and university communities to ensure delivery of web services and online resources. The Web Librarian provides expertise on web technologies to library faculty and staff as well as contributes to the development of policies and procedures.
• Maintains excellent written and oral communication with library staff. Disseminates information about the library website and planned changes in a manner that is clear to all levels of library staff in the form of email updates, attendance at staff meetings and other appropriate means.
• Works closely with the supervisor, appropriate teams and departments to establish and refine associated policies, procedures, and workflows.
• Implements suitable web standards. Ensures quality, consistency, and ease of access to all library website supported systems and information.
• Provide organization and ongoing maintenance for the University Libraries’ web presence.
• Conduct usability studies to determine if web services and applications are meeting the needs of our user groups.
• Assist with the creation and oversight of web policies and standards.
• Assemble, distribute and evaluate site analytics.
• Collaborate with library staff to create and implement web-based library services.
• Work with all aspects of our content management system including content editing, updates and eventually development and deployment.
• Lead project teams as needed to complete web service initiatives.
• Create and maintain technical and project management documentation.
• Provides training in the area of web content creation and management and user experience.
• As a faculty member, the Web Librarian is responsible for scholarly publishing and active professional service in accordance with Texas Tech University Libraries’ standards for promotion and tenure.
• Serves on library committees and cross functional teams as assigned.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The position is a 12-month appointment with a nationally competitive salary. Librarians and archivists have academic status and are an integral part of the academic teaching and research mission of the University. Comprehensive benefits include choice of retirement programs, including TIAA-CREF; 12-17 state holidays; developmental leave opportunities; moving allowance; and no state or local income tax.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Texas Tech University (http://www.ttu.edu/) is a state-supported institution with an enrollment of around 35,000. It offers a wide range of academic programs in colleges and schools, including graduate, law, and medicine. Texas Tech is a member of the Association of Research Libraries, Greater Western Library Alliance and Texshare. The University Library (http://library.ttu.edu/) has over 2.4 million volumes. Lubbock has a metropolitan population of over 284,000 and is the regional center for education, agriculture, health care, banking, and business.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: To apply for this position, please visit the Texas Tech University Personnel site at: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/hr/workattexastech/. Select Faculty. Please fill out the electronic application and attach a cover letter indicating qualifications and interest in the position, current vita, and names and contact information of three references. Review of applications will continue until position is filled.
Texas Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans, and we consider the needs of dual career couples. We actively encourage applications from all those who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech University.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 15:48 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC