Position: ELECTRONIC RESOURCES AND DISCOVERY LIBRARIAN - State University Faculty (Unclassified IFO)
METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY
700 East Seventh Street
St. Paul, MN 55106-5000
Posted on: March 23, 2015
Appointment: Full-time, Tenure Track/Probationary
Location: Library and Learning Center
UPDATED: Application Deadline: Thursday, April 9, 2015
Send materials to: Apply online only as described under application procedure, by deadline.
Phone: (651) 793-1319
* Manage the eresource lifecycle of the library’s subscription databases and ejournals, including license negotiation and acquisition, troubleshooting access, and evaluation and assessment of resources.
* Serve as a liaison to vendors regarding trials, acquisitions, renewals, and management of eresources.
* Develop, manage, monitor, and report on budget for licensed resources.
* Manage and administer the library’s discovery tool, electronic resource management system (ERMS) and knowledgebase (KB), OpenURL link resolver, and proxy server.
* Monitor data and statistics to analyze eresource use and create and develop usage reports.
* Promote the use of electronic resources within the library and identify training opportunities for library faculty and staff.
* Convene the library’s eresources team and work closely with the library’s Web team.
* Participate as appropriate within the MnPALS and Minitex library consortiums.
* Provide weekly reference coverage to gain better understanding of the end user experience.
* May direct student workers and library technicians.
* May include some library instruction and evening and weekend responsibilities.
* Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement.
* Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study.
* Contribute to student growth and development through advising and assistance and engage in service to the university and community.
* Outstanding candidates will demonstrate a commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body through delivering a student-centered education in a liberal arts and sciences context and will possess the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals.
* ALA-accredited master’s degree in library and/or information science earned no later than August 15, 2015.
* Communication skills (written & verbal) to communicate with a variety of persons and groups.
* Demonstrated ability to work in an institution with a culturally, economically and linguistically diverse workforce.
* Previous customer or public service experience.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in teams.
* Aptitude for complex, analytical work, with attention to detail.
* Experience supporting electronic resource lifecycle activities in an academic library and working with library vendors.
* Experience with ERMSs and/or eresource KBs, link resolvers, discovery systems, and proxy server configurations.
* Knowledge of current acquisitions practices, including patron-driven acquisitions, and how they relate to eresource management.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain quality control and accuracy of an ERMS and/or eresource KB.
* Commitment and demonstrated ability to engage in scholarly and professional development activities at the level necessary to meet requirements for tenure and promotion, including professional service and scholarship.
* Knowledge of the Ex Libris Aleph integrated library system (ILS) and the ProQuest/Serials Solutions and Springshare eresource platforms.
* Experience or coursework with quantitative/statistical research methodologies that can be applied to analyzing eresource use.
* Experience managing budgets in an academic library.
* Experience providing reference service and/or library instruction in an academic library.
* Experience directing student workers and/or library staff.
* Interest in new and emerging technologies and their applications in academic libraries.
To apply, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/metrostatemn/default.cfm
Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Closing Date: Friday, April 3, 2015.
Qualified applicants are required to attach the following documents to their online application:
* Cover letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position;
* Current curriculum vita;
* Names of four (4) professional references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers.
* Transcripts - Valid unofficial copies of your transcript showing conferred/awarded date of your highest attained degree, with your name and the academic institution’s name/logo are required. If master’s study is in progress at the time of application, submit the most recent transcript showing your course of study and progress to date. We are not able to accept copy/paste word documents with a list of courses/grades or DARS reports. If selected for hire, official original transcripts will be required.
* Additional materials may be requested at a later date.
* Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at:
* For more information about Metropolitan State University, please visit our website at:
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC