DescriptionResponsible, along with colleagues in the Library Systems Office, for managing the configuration and back office settings for the Library's discovery layer products (currently Voyager, Primo, and Summon) as well as the integrated resources management systems used by Library staff (currently Voyager, Meridian, and SFX).
Also responsible for helping to create and regularly maintain the various online and batch interfaces between the discovery layers and the ILS, as well as from the ILS to third party systems, among them PeopleSoft, GFA, Borrow Direct, Aeon, and others. Responsible for significant data extracting and reporting using Access, SQL and other reporting tools. Complex reports and queries are created for Technical and Public Services staffs, for ARL statistics and other national organizations that collect library data. Manages various data loads and feeds, including financial, patron, and some bibliographic.
Manages the Library's Stack Map cloud based system which provides online maps of our branch libraries and also the Library's instance of OnBase, a business document management system used by several Library units. Plays an active important role in managing system data integrity, keeping up with maintenance requirements and new release installation oversight, and if need be, recovery and restoration. Provides documentation for performing these various tasks, especially those that lack documentation.
Analyze new library system products with the aim of making strategic recommendations, choices, and decisions about next generation migration. Manage such migrations, including comprehensive data migration as well as configuration choices and policy decisions. Routinely interact and collaborate with many staff in the Library and in various University departments, as well as with software vendors.
The position reports to the Deputy University Librarian.
Applications will be accepted only from the Jobs at Princeton website: http://www.princeton.edu/jobs and must include a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 references with full contact information.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited academic university.
- In-depth knowledge of Library Integrated System data formats and structures, both past and future.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL/RDBMS systems.
- Familiarity with using Linux/Unix.
- Experience using at least two scripting tools, such as Visual Basic, BASH, PERL, PHP, Ruby and or Python, as well as experience with HTML/CSS.
- Knowledge of library catalog data.
- Knowledge of XML markup for library data.
- Experience with Unicode, and library related non-Roman character encoding.
- Ability to be able to troubleshoot issues with library systems or library data and to manage solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- MLS from an ALA accredited Library Information School.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTTP techniques and RESTful protocols.
- Familiarity with Linked Data conventions.
- Reading knowledge of at least one foreign language.
- The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
Visit jobs.princeton.edu and search for Requisition Number 1500221.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC