DescriptionThe Information & Web Content Specialist is part of the National Association of REALTORS®’ Information Central department, combining the association’s library, archives, and customer services. The Information Specialist collaborates with other staff in providing reference and information assistance to patrons of the library and archives. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the customer service team, providing daily phone, email and webchat support to the association’s members and staff.
- Providing quick reference and in-depth research support for the association’s staff and members;
- Monitoring, developing messaging, and answering inquiries on the library’s social media accounts;
- Developing and maintaining information resources for the National Association of REALTORS®’ members and staff, including topical guides and posts on NAR’s website, internal databases and other communication tools;
- Promoting the resources and services of the department through onsite and virtual training sessions;
- Identifying opportunities for and participating in outreach efforts at association meetings, conferences, new member orientations, and other outlets;
- Acquiring, digitizing, and organizing historical material for the association’s archives;
- Answering and supporting calls/requests coming into the Association's virtual contact center using the department’s customer relationship management system;
- Building a thorough familiarity with all aspects of the Association’s programs and initiatives, products and services, as well as outside resources.
- ALA-accredited Master’s in Library Science or equivalent;
- At least 3 years experience in a library or archival setting;
- Ability to work courteously and effectively with patrons and colleagues in a collaborative team environment;
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish positive and productive collaborations with colleagues and staff;
- Ability to adjust priorities, set goals, manage time wisely, and make quick effective decisions;
- Aptitude for thinking creatively and developing products and services, such as publications, training materials, and workshops;
- Familiarity with technologies and systems germane to the 21st century library.
How to apply
Published: Friday, March 27, 2015 13:09 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC