DescriptionThe University of St. Thomas Libraries welcomes applications for a Web Developer. Apply here: https://staffemployment-stthomas.icims.com/jobs/1570/libraries-web-developer/job.
We're looking for a crackerjack web developer who can competently and creatively help us deliver a rich variety of online resources and services to our students, faculty, and staff. Our collections include over 285 research databases providing access to journals & professional literature (more than 60 thousand titles), primary historical sources, books (print and electronic), streaming audio & video, an institutional repository of faculty and student publications, plus our University special collections and archives.
Making all of this content and our research & instruction services discoverable is a huge challenge that we meet with a variety of internal and vendor-provided systems, all of which must be woven together into a seamless tapestry that our community finds easy to discover and use in their scholarship. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes we fail, but it's never boring! If you think you have what it takes to do this, read on.
The university enrolls roughly 9,500 FTE students, providing a wide range of undergraduate majors, plus graduate programs in business, software, education, professional psychology, art history, English, and others.
UST values a healthy work/life balance and provides a generous compensation package including competitive salaries, medical/dental/life insurance and retirement benefits; 4 weeks of vacation to start & 13 paid holidays; tuition remission benefits; access to outstanding recreational facilities, etc.
Located in the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis, our community has a lot to offer: world-class parks, trails, lakes, and other recreational opportunities; a vibrant art and music scene; outstanding restaurants and shopping; college and professional sports; among many other cultural amenities.
Summary of essential job functions:
1) Website design, maintenance, and administration. Serve as the developer for the UST Libraries website and associated applications.
2) Web/digital resources application development. Manage projects to identify requirements, design, code, test, and implement applications that facilitate user discovery and use of library materials and services, and that will function effectively with the university’s web content management environment, whether built within the University’s current CMS or using other tools.
3) Digital information design. Assist Libraries staff to design ad coupons, channels, banner ads, signs, etc. to incorporate into the website, the Libraries and UST’s digital and physical signage, and other applications.
4) User training and assistance. Develop and deliver training to library staff users on our various web applications and other tools (SnagIt, Photoshop/Elements or other graphics tools, Camtasia, Captivate, Adobe Connect, digital signage applications, etc.).
5) Collaboration and professional engagement. Actively work to maintain good relationships with internal and external staff, remain current on technology trends in general and the state of the art in library technologies.
BA/BS in MIS, computer sciences, or related field and three years of professional experience, OR combination of education and experience to total 6 years.
Apply by creating a profile, uploading a resume, and copy pasting a cover letter into the University's online application system: https://staffemployment-stthomas.icims.com/jobs/1570/libraries-web-developer/job.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas (UST), Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at UST”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
UST is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC