DescriptionTitle: Website Developer
Average Weekly Work Hours: 37.5
FLSA Classification: Exempt
To serve the members of the Indian Trails Library District by overseeing the day-to-day development of the library's Internet, Intranet, and local and remote web accessible resource. This employee works under the supervision of the Information Technology Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Communications Services Department, and other departments as needed, to provide marketing, information, and resource access through the library website, Intranet site, and resource sites.
- Manage updates, maintenance and troubleshooting for all web-related operations, including the library website, staff Intranet, remote patron authentication system, library kiosk, catalog web access, and web accessible resources.
- Schedule and conduct web committee meetings.
- Design, implement, program, and deploy new ideas and products.
- Maintain an awareness of staff hardware and software needs in relation to web-based technologies.
- Maintain an awareness of current and trending hardware and software technology.
- Analyze website metrics monthly. Ascertain which statistics are important, and how to use them to create a better user experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in website development, programming, or related field or a combination of an Associate’s Degree in website development with three years related experience and job relevant certifications.
- Extensive experience using Windows compatible and/or Apple Macintosh computers with regards to web development, implementation, and deployment.
- Ability to take a design from conception to final, navigable website using proven user experience (UX) methodologies and progressive enhancement.
- Experience with a content management system (CMS) such as Drupal or Adobe Web Design Creative Suite.
- Experience with Linux and Apache.
- Technical knowledge of computer hardware operations, and awareness of trends in hardware and software technology.
- Strong desire to innovate and push technology forward.
- Excellent communication and training skills required.
Salary of $46,030.00. To apply, send resume via e-mail to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the job title in the subject line.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC