DescriptionCorbis is a creative resource for advertising, marketing and media professionals, providing a comprehensive selection of photography, illustration, footage, typefaces and rights clearance services. Through its branded web sites Corbis, Corbis Motion, Veer and GreenLight, the company helps the creative community make distinctive advertising and publishing for the Internet, magazines, newspapers, books, television and films. Corbis has offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia that serve more than 50 countries. For more information, visit www.corbis.com.
At Corbis we have a winning attitude and champion innovation, creativity, teamwork and accountability. We have a results-oriented, customer-centric, fun and highly creative culture. Corbis employees receive a generous benefits package, and enjoy working with and learning from the best and the brightest in this dynamic industry. We recognize and reward outstanding performance, and we encourage growth through our ongoing learning and development programs.
The Digital Asset Manager is responsible for the successful management of an external Media Asset Management (MAM) System.
This project is a multi-faceted partnership that may include multiple statements of work. The bulk of the activity surrounds the arranging and managing of a media library for external users.
The Digital Asset Manager works with vendors,customers and contributors to manage and improve the existing MAM system. This will require ongoing bug tracking,reporting and technical support communication; configuration of metadata elements, collections and permissions; and the ongoing processing and loading of thousands of media assets (still, video and more). There will be regular interaction with high profile clients, remote vendors, contributors and internal business & technical resources. All of this work will be conducted on a strict and short timeline. Attention to detail and excellent follow up is key to success.
Regular reporting, thorough documentation, and training users are key functions of this role. The candidate must have advanced communication skills and be comfortable interacting with all levels of Corbis (including the CEO and E-team) and demanding clients. This role is responsible for owning and managing the relationships with off site consultants, as well as supervising onsite temporary employees and interns.
This role contains aspects of several positions in Corbis including production control, metadata management, rights management, access control and custom imaging services.
- Direct special projects involving archiving, system clean-up, additional functionality requested by the client.
- Oversee maintenance of MAM System, including necessary installations, bug fixes, upgrades, testing, patches and rebuilds.
- Manage the MAM system, including configuring XML system documents, metadata fields, download tasks, collections, and user permissions as necessary.
- Primary interface with third party vendor supplying the software for the MAM, including bug reporting and system upgrades.
- Primary interface with the Foundation representatives (customer).
- Verify veracity of metadata.
- Periodically review controlled vocabularies utilized with this system. Adjust taxonomy as required.
- Monitor access and asset fulfillment to Foundation personnel and grantees
- Track non-assignment expenditures and adhere to rigid budget.
- Coordinate all post-production functions for the editorial assignment team.
- Ingest assets into MAM system, distribute assets to team, create contact sheets.
- Track, manage and report on overall collection status.
- Perform additional post production duties as needed to facilitate workflow including metadata and keyword application.
- Managing contracts, all correspondence and financial invoices for contributors.
- Adhere to tight deadlines
- Utilize tools and features of the MAM system to oversee all aspects of the media library.
- Provide both recurring and ad hoc reporting (using SQL) as needed by either Corbis management or customer.
- Provide end user training to Corbis employees and customer on the MAM system and its functionality.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the MAM system, both internally and for the customer.
- Master of Library Science (MLIS) or Master of Information Management (MSIM) strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience as a digital archivist and digital asset manager.
- Program management and search-related taxonomy training a plus.
- Successful candidate must be a hands-on leader, skilled in search functionality and experienced in the management of search algorithms and search-related metadata.
- Strategic thinker with excellent planning skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and demonstrated creativity with respect to idea generation and solution implementation.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication and written skills. Will be expected to present to senior management, customers and partners.
- Collaborator with strong listening, facilitation and persuasion skills.
- High tolerance for change and ambiguity – must be able to work autonomously and prioritize accordingly, a self-starter.
- Solid understanding of all facets of metadata strategy, including related methodologies and website search functionality.
- Proven ability in applying software patches and updates and performing testing.
- Proven ability to work with business, system analysis and development teams.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC