DescriptionThis is a full-time tenure-track faculty, 10 month per year position in Library and Learning Support Services. The successful candidate will be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and lead the library in its use of new technologies and web-based services. The Emerging Technologies Librarian identifies, implements, and evaluates current and emerging technologies for the delivery of library services; including virtual and face to face reference, discovery tools, social networking applications, mobile services, and instructional technologies.
Full-time library faculty are expected to participate in a variety of program areas, including information competency instruction, reference service, collection development, and providing web-based services for distance learners.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution OR the equivalent together with course work and/or experience with library information technologies and internet research.
- Additional degree or coursework in instructional design, educational media, computer science, or web development.
- Knowledge of current and emerging library principles, practices, and technologies.
- Experience managing a social networking initiative and providing web outreach.
- Experience teaching and providing reference services in an academic library.
- Knowledge of learning management systems and content management systems.
- Knowledge of integrated library systems and electronic information resources.
Starting salary is from $55,546 to $76,900 annually depending upon education and experience. Fringe benefits, which are subject to change pursuant to negotiations under Section 3500 of the California Government Code, are presently provided and include family and domestic partner medical and dental, two-party vision plan, and employee life insurance.
For a full description and to apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/584742
Your application and any required attachments must be submitted by Monday, April 6, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
Glendale Community College District provides all applicants for district employment with equal employment opportunities and provides present employees with training, compensation, promotion, and all other attributes of employment without regard to a person’s race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, veterans’ status, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender identity or disability.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC