This position is responsible for the design of innovative and engaging user interfaces and visualizations that enable the discovery, access, and exploration of the Getty Research Institute's vast and unique collection of rare and archival materials which document the history of art and visual culture.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Under supervision of the Software Architect, this position will conceptualize, design, and prototype innovative and user-friendly solutions for the navigation, visuals and interactive experience of multiple web applications.
- Creates wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Creates visually appealing graphics and images
- Uses programming skills to create prototypes and, as time and skill permit, assist with production level development
- Conducts user research and evaluates user feedback to iteratively improve the appearance, accessibility, and usability of web sites and applications
- Applies and promotes current and emerging UI design patterns, web standards, and best practices
- Presents and defends conceptual ideas, design rationales, and milestone deliverables visually, verbally, and in writing
- Bachelors or Masters in Graphic Design, Information Science, Computer Science, or related field
- 3-5 years experience in graphic design or web development
- Familiarity working with libraries, archives or research environments helpful
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Human-Computer Interaction, User Interface Design, Usability, Information Architecture, and Data Visualization
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, Omingraffle or other wireframing and design tools
- Familiarity with CSS tools such as Sass, Less, Bootstrap, etc.
- Familiarity with other web development tools such as: MVC frameworks (e.g. Django, Angular), templating languages (e.g. Mustache), version control (Git), and testing (Selenium)
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 22:02 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC