DescriptionThe White House Historical Association is seeking a Metadata Description Author to work as part of the Digital Library team at the David M. Rubenstein Center for White House History. Primary duties will include identifying digital and analog images and researching their provenance and content in order to produce metadata and writing metadata descriptions according to in-house standards. Additional responsibilities may include training staff on metadata standards, assisting with scanning projects, and working with the Digital Librarian on library planning. This is a full-time contract position at the White House Historical Association in downtown Washington D.C.
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Familiarity with metadata formats, standards and schema (e.g., Dublin Core, METS, MODS, EAD, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with research methodologies, particularly related to historical research.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Superior writing skills.
- Experience with or degree in American history preferred.
- Experience with image scanning software and hardware preferred.
Please e-mail a cover letter describing relevant experience and a resume including the names and contact information of three references to Dr. Stephanie Tuszynski, Digital Librarian, White House Historical Association (STuszynski@whha.org) by March 6, 2015. The White House Historical Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Published: Monday, March 2, 2015 14:43 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC