Description(This is a contract job working for CACI at the Library of Congress. Work will be completed off-site for the Viewshare project http://sourceforge.net/projects/loc-recollect/)
The Software Developer will serve as a member of a Web development team at the Library of Congress. The candidate will be responsible for participating in the definition, design, and development of the software, tools and technologies that satisfy functional requirements, within the scope, schedule, and priorities as assigned by the project manager and/or technical lead. The candidate will be responsible for implementation and development for linked data systems for distributed content management and delivery. The candidate must be familiar with the entire lifecycle of software development, and have experience creating and maintaining applications for production environments.
- Be adaptable to working both independently and in a team environment.
- Be a motivated and creative problem solver.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibit the ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Experience developing and deploying applications in languages (such as Python)
- Understanding of web frameworks, databases, JSON
- Specific experience with Django, jQuery, and Elastic Search a plus
- Comfort with common practices in agile, open-source-style development.
- Ability to troubleshoot in multiple browsers, including mobile browsers.
- Comfortable with Firebug and the Chrome/Safari Developer console
- Ability to communicate clearly with non-programmers.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 21:09 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC