DescriptionDirector of Human Resources (J. Willard Marriott Library , Utah)
Brief description: The J. Willard Library seeks innovative applicants for the position of Director of Human Resources. This is a tenure line position reporting directly to the Marriott Library Dean and University Librarian. This key leadership position supports the endeavors of the Marriott Library and the University of Utah. The Director leads activities of the Marriott Library’s human resources management program including serving as the primary administrator for such activities as academic promotion and tenure procedures, staff planning, recruitment, interviewing, hiring, staff reviews, work improvement initiatives, disciplinary actions, salary recommendations, and staff development and training. The Director remains current on changes in the library human resources field and assumes an active leadership role within the Library and on campus.
This position supervises two full-time positions: Learning and Development Manager and Human Resources Assistant. Must have the ability to meet University requirements for promotion and tenure.
- Advanced degree in relevant field, preferably in Library Science and/or Information Science
- Five (5) years of related and progressively responsible administrative experience in an academic library
- Experience in human resources
- Experience in supervising/managing employees
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices and current trends in library management and human resources
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Flexibility and creativity in accomplishing library objectives
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, make reasoned decisions, and provide leadership in a consultative and collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to support, mentor, and develop staff
- Ability to work with diverse groups within the Library and across campus
- Qualified for tenure upon job offer
Desired qualifications: Second master’s degree in human resources related field or Society for Human Resources Management’s (SHRM) Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification, strongly preferred Familiarity of online human resources systems Working experience in a library with faculty status for librarians
Salary: $85,000-$95,000 depending on qualifications.
Please apply here: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/39083
The University of Utah is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educator. Minorities, women, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans preference. Reasonable accommodations provided.
For additional information see http://www.regulations.utah.edu/humanResources/5-106.html.
The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students from diverse backgrounds and who possess a strong commitment to improving access to higher education for historically underrepresented students.
Published: Sunday, February 22, 2015 03:00 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC